Poll Results | Who takes the rematch Chael Sonnen or Anderson Silva?

March 16, 2012 8:50 am by Pedro Carrasco

We are still a few months out from the proposed middleweight title fight between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen. However, we wanted to take to our polls and get everyone’s early predictions on this highly anticipated rematch between the two top middleweights.

Having already faced each other, Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva have what can only be considered the most bitter rivalry in Mixed Martial Arts today. Chael has been campaigning against his Brazilian counterpart steadily over the past two years and has become a fan favorite in the process.

The two last fought at UFC 117 in 2010. In the original matchup Chael Sonnen outworked and clearly beat Anderson Silva for the first four frames of action only to give up the fight when he got submitted in the final round.

He then went on to get suspended for abuse of testosterone and through a highly publicized Athletic Commission case got suspended for 12-months.

Since his return to action Sonnen has taken out all that have stood in his way, but can he do it against Anderson in the rematch?

In this week’s poll, we asked, are you Team Sonnen or Team Silva?

Almost 6,000 votes were cast but the fans have spoken and they stand behind the Brazilian.

64.9% (3,758 votes) of you who took part in this week’s poll are in favor of Anderson Silva retaining his title over Chael Sonnen and the other 35.1% (2,034) believe that Chael can finish what he started back in 2012.

Thanks for participating this week. We will get a new poll up sometime in the next few days!

Read More: Chael Sonnen (News), Anderson Silva (News), UFC Brazil 2012

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.