Poll Results | Should the ref have stepped in and stopped Tate vs. Rousey?

March 9, 2012 10:19 am by Pedro Carrasco

In our latest polling here at BJPENN.COM we wanted to reflect on one of the more gruesome fight ending submissions in MMA history.

Last weekend at “Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey” a title switched hands when Ronda Rousey bent Miesha Tate’s arm in half in the very first round.

Man people cringed, some applauded, but a lot of the post-fight chatter surrounding the finish had to do with the referee’s obligation to protect the fighters in the cage.

In the end, Miesha didn’t tap until her arm was almost snapped off, but the referee was there, with the best view of the action and many thought he should have stepped in prior to the tap.

What did the fans think?

We gave you guy’s two options this week in our poll and after more than 2,600 votes it was a landslide victory for the ref.

70.7% (1,852 votes) of voters picked that the ref did the right thing by letting the fight continue. On the other end 29.3% (767 votes) think he should have stepped in prior to Tate tapping out.

Stay tuned next week for our next poll and as always, thank you for participating!

Read More: Miesha Tate (News), Ronda Rousey (News), Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey

Tags: , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.