POLL RESULTS | : Can Velasquez put on a better performance in JDS rematch?

June 1, 2012 7:36 am by Pedro Carrasco

In our latest polling here at BJPENN.COM we wanted to get a handle on the next UFC heavyweight title fight and who the fan favorite heading into the proposed matchup is.

After last weekend’s UFC event two men stood out above the rest and as such the UFC has almost guaranteed a future showdown between the two top heavyweights, and it’s a rematch.

Both Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos came away with easy victories last Saturday and as such the UFC has opted to put the two together one more time for a heavyweight title fight.

The two fighters are just one-fight removed from their original showdown where JDS was able to take out Velasquez in the first round to earn the UFC’s heavyweight title and hand the Mexican-American his first and only professional loss.

The bouts aftermath was riddled with rumors of injury and a less than perfect Velasquez and many fans believe that a healthy, 100% Cain would yield a better fight than the one we saw on the first ever UFC on FOX event.

In our poll 64.8% of voters feel that Cain still has what it takes to take his belt back and as such picked him in the rematch. On the other end of the spectrum 35.2% chose JDS to retain his title.

Stay tuned to BJPENN.COM for our next poll which will be released in the coming days.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.