NSAC: ‘Highly Unlikely Aldo Will Not Fight At UFC 189’

June 30, 2015 7:33 am by BJPENN.COM News

aldo

Jose Aldo’s health is still in question. Conflicting reports from Brazilian doctors and American doctors have left fans wondering if the UFC featherweight champion will actually make it into the octagon next month, against Conor McGregor.

Nevada State Athletic Commission’s director Bob Bennett told ESPN that from where things stand right now, he expects Aldo to fight at UFC 189.

Check it out!

“Right now, according to Dr. Trainor’s communications with Dr. Davidson, it appears Aldo had a rib contusion and a cartilage injury. Dr. Trainor is currently awaiting to see the medical documents and at this point in time, we think it is highly unlikely Aldo will have any trouble competing. Dr. Trainor has told me this type of injury (rib contusion) is fairly common and usually improves within a few days.”

“We already have Dr. Trainor in communication with the UFC and we are making sure Aldo’s injury is not going to prevent him from fighting,” Bennett said. “We’re already working on it now. We’ve been discussing this for the last week, going back and forth, trying to get documents. Upon further medical review of Aldo’s documents, we will have a confirmed answer.”

“The Crippler” Update — ‘I’ve Got 2000 Students… No Desire To Compete’


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.