NSAC confirms they are in settlement talks with Nick Diaz

October 28, 2015 3:54 pm by Chris Taylor
Nick Diaz

UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz took to instagram on Tuesday night to inform his fans that ‘talks’ with the NSAC were going well.

Today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission confirmed the news by releasing the following statement:

“As a reminder to the general public, the Nick Diaz disciplinary matter will not be on the agenda at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s on Thursday, October 29, 2015 in Las Vegas,” Aguilar said. “Settlement discussions between the NSAC and Mr. Diaz and his counsel are on-going.”

The former Strikeforce champion was handed a five-year suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission last month, this after he failed his UFC 183 drug test for Marijuana.

The Diaz suspension caused quite the uproar amongst both fighters and fans of the sport, with many calling the punishment ‘outrageous’ and ‘an abuse of power’ by the NSAC.

Sources close to the situation told MMAFighting.com that Nick Diaz may be cleared to fight as early as summer of 2016.

Who would you like to see Nick Diaz fight next if his suspension does in fact get reduced? Sound off Penn Nation!

 

 

 


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.