A bantamweight tournament reserve bout has been added to DREAM’s year end event in the form of Hideo Tokoro vs. Yusup Saadulaev.
DREAM officials announced the bout this morning.
“DREAM: Fight for Japan. How are you! New Year 2011.” is set to take place on Dec. 31 from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
The card is set to air live on HDNet to the U.S. audience.
At 34-years of age, Tokoro will re-enter the bantamweight grand prix (as a reservist) after a four-fight win streak was snapped at the hands of Antonio Banuelos during their quarterfinal matchup at DREAM 17.
Saadulaev is another fighter who may get a second chance at grand prix glory. After entering the tournament as a hot, undefeated prospect, he suffered his first career loss to Rodolfo Marques Diniz in the tournaments opening round.
The current “DREAM: New Year! 2011” lineup includes:
• Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka
• Fedor Emelianenko vs. TBA*
• Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Yusup Saadulaev vs. Hideo Tokoro (bantamweight grand-prix reserve bout)
• Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato Sakurai
• Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi “Lion” Inoue (for featherweight title)
• Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
* – Not officially announced by event officials
Tags: Dream, featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news