Shane del Rosario will be backing out of UFC 168 due to a rib injury.
The 11-2 heavyweight has had a recent set of struggles after moving into the UFC and was hoping for a shot at redemption on December 28th against Guto Inocente.
His last fight was December 15, 2012 during the Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale against Pat Barry, where Barry ended up with a second round KO victory. With all 11 of Rosario’s wins coming by stoppage (10 in the first round and only one coming in the second round), this was still set to be an exciting and power-packed fight to watch. Inocente was looking to continue his own 4-fight win streak and make an impressive introduction to the UFC, but as of right now, he does not have a replacement match up.
The UFC 168 card, taking place at the MGM Grand Arena is currently scheduled like this:
• Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva – for UFC middleweight title
• Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate – for women’s bantamweight title
• Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
• Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
• Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
• Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
• Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
• Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
• William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
• Guto Inocente vs. TBA
• Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard
Estevan Payan vs. Robert PeraltaTags: Guto Inocente, Shane Del Rosario, ufc, UFC 168