A heavyweight attraction is reportedly in the works for DREAM’s year end show between former UFC champion, Tim Sylvia and Brett “The Grimm” Rogers.
HEAVY.com is reporting the matchup; however BJPENN.COM has been unable to confirm the bout as finalized.
“DREAM: Fight for Japan. How are you! New Year 2011.” is set to take place on Dec. 31 from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
The card is set to air live on HDNet to the U.S. audience.
Tim Sylvia was last seen under the ProElite banner this past month outpointing Andreas Kraniotakes in route to a unanimous decision victory. The win marked his sixth in his last seven pro fights.
Rogers is currently serving a 60 day jail sentence handed down after he was found guilty of charges stemming from an assault on his wife. If rumor holds true, he will be out of jail just 17 days when the fight is expected to go down in Japan.
It is unknown if “The Grimm” is eligible to sign legal documents, such as a bout agreement, while incarcerated or if the bout will be scheduled based on a verbal promise until he gets out of jail.
Rogers has only notched one win in his last five fights.
The latest “DREAM: Fight for Japan. How are you! New Year 2011.” card now includes:
• Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka
• Karla Benitez vs. Megumi Fujii*
• Fedor Emelianenko vs. TBA*
• Tim Sylvia vs. Brett Rogers##
• Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Yusup Saadulaev vs. Hideo Tokoro (bantamweight grand-prix reserve bout)
• Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato Sakurai
• Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi “Lion” Inoue (for featherweight title)
• Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
##Not officially announced
Tags: Dream, featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news