Brazilian Jiu Jitsu’s premier promotion, Metamoris, kicks off their fifth event from California at 5:00 PM EST! California’s Long Beach Convention Center will play host to today’s event that features six grappling matches. UFC’s Rory MacDonald will be battling Jonathan Torres in the co-main event.
The headliner is a match that has been fourteen years in the making; Renzo Gracie will finally be able to get revenge for the loss he suffered at “PRIDE 10” in 2000 against Kazushi Sakuraba when the two square off on the mat tonight.
Metamoris is a submission only promotion with NO STRIKING. Unlike traditional grappling events, there are no points rewarded. The only way a combatant can walk off the mat with a victory is by making his opponent submit within the twenty minute time limit.
Stay tuned to BJPENN.COM for live results!
– Garry Tonon submitted Zak Maxwell with a Heel Hook
– Vinny Magalhaes and Matheus Diniz grappled to a Draw (20:00)
– Keenan Cornelius and Yuri Simoes grappled to a Draw (20:00)
– Jake Shields and Roberto Satoshi grappled to a Draw (20:00)
– Rory MacDonald and Jonathan Torres grappled to a Draw (20:00)
– Kazushi Sakuraba and Renzo Gracie grappled to a Draw (20:00)