Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos (16-3 MMA, 10-2 UFC) has suffered a hand injury in training and thus will not be able to compete against Stipe Miocic at the ‘TUF Brazil 3 Finale’ later this month.
The dos Santos vs. Miocic bout was supposed to headline the May 31 event at Sao Paulo’s Ibirapuera Gymnasium.
No word yet on if Stipe Miocic (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) will receive a new opponent or be removed from the card entirely.
The “TUF Brazil 3 Finale” now includes the following contests:
- Stipe Miocic vs. ???
- opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ middleweight tourney final
- opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ heavyweight tourney final
- Demian Maia vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Rony Jason vs. Robert Peralta
- Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
- Ernest Chavez vs. Elias Silverio
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Rashid Magomedov
- Paulo Thiago vs. Gasan Umalatov
- Mark Eddiva vs. Kevin Souza
- Matt Hobar vs. Pedro Munhoz
Stay tuned to BJPENN.com for further details as they become available.