Floyd Mayweather Jr. to Return to Action September 12th

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been the center of controversy in recent weeks. Earlier in July, Mayweather was stripped of the WBO Welterweight Championship he won from Manny Pacquiao in their May super-fight.

Mayweather Jr. had failed to pay the $200,000 sanctioning fee as well as relinquish titles in other weight classes, per the rules of WBO. Now, Mayweather Jr. seems to be looking past that and he has his sights set on a return to the boxing ring. Mark September 12, 2015 on your calendars; the streak is up for grabs then. Mayweather said the following in an Instagram post:

“Sure I enjoy the company of my friends. I enjoy the unprecedented lifestyle my hard work has afforded me. I enjoy spending my free time traveling the world and having fun with my children- These are the things that mean most to me and I have become accustomed to blocking out negativity and refocusing my energy on those deserving of it…And more importantly, the people who bring me true happiness. With that said, I apologize for subjecting my fans and followers to the nonsense and childish behavior of some people close to me. At this level, I understand the acts of the company I keep is often a reflection of me and I take responsibility to make sure those type of antics are not tolerated or rewarded. Throwing stones is a sign of weakness- I choose to be strong. To My fans, your loyalty and support has given me the best 20 years I could ask for and while at the top, I plan to go out on top….see you back in the ring September 12th!”

Kings Of Volume — Punches In Bunches With Nate Diaz And Richard Perez