A new lightweight bout has been added to the UFC’s Memorial Day weekend card in Las Vegas.
Tony Ferguson (14-3), winner of season 13 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” will face Katsunori Kikuno (22-5-2 ). Officials announced Monday that both fighters verbally agreed to the fight.
Ferguson landed back in the win column in October with a “Submission of the Night” victory over Mike Rio at UFC 166. Ferguson was out of action due to a broken arm he suffered in a loss to Michael Johnson in 2012 for nearly 18 months.
Kikuno made his UFC debut in Singapore at UFC Fight Night 34 where he won a unanimous decision over Quinn Mulhern. He has won six straight and has never fought outside of Asia.
UFC 173 takes place May 24 at MGM Grand Garden Arena. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The latest UFC 173 card is as follows:
- Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida – for middleweight title
- James Krause vs. Jamie Varner
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Michael Chiesa meets Francisco Trinaldo
- Chris Holdsworth vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Doo Ho Choi vs. Sam Sicilia
- Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno