Dan Henderson, Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Bigfoot Silva, Ben Rothwell and countless more UFC fighters are all relying on the heavily controversial and easily obtainable, Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), while in competition to help them perform inside the cage.
Its an epidemic that ESPN is kind of throwing the UFC under the bus about for their participation in the treatment.
• The International Olympic Committee did not issue a single testosterone exemption for the 2012 London Olympics, which featured 5,892 male athletes.
• The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency issued one testosterone exemption last year among the thousands of elite-level athletes under its jurisdiction.
• Major League Baseball has issued six exemptions to athletes over the past six seasons — an average of 1,200 players populate its rosters each season.
• National Football League officials say testosterone exemptions are “very rare” and only a “handful” have been issued since 1990. Nearly 2,000 players circulate through rosters each season.
• No pro boxer is known to have had an exemption issued through a state athletic commission, and Nevada officials said they have never even received an application.
Tags: mma, MMA NEWS, TRT, ufc, ufc news