DREAM officials just announced that an eleventh bout has been added to this weekend’s DREAM 17 event.
It comes in the form of DREAM “Super Hulk” champion, Ikushi “Minowaman” Minowa vs. Baru Harn in an open weight contest.
DREAM 17 takes place from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on September 24. Japanese standout, Shinya Aoki faces off with Rob McCullough in the evenings main event.
DREAM 17 is the first DREAM event to ever utilize the three, five-minute rounds and will be the first event this year to broadcast live to the American Audience.
The event will air live on HDNet this Saturday at 3 a.m. ET and features familiar faces such as the aforementioned Aoki and McCullough as well as Tatsuya Kawajiri, Caol Uno, Kazushi Sakuraba and Gerald Harris amongst others.
Following a pair of successful outings on the regional circuit, Minowa now returns to the DREAM promotion for the first time in 2011. Having originally gone 6-0 for the promotion, he hit a skid in 2010 that ended in a Hiroshi Izumi TKO loss at Dynamite 2010; it was his second straight DREAM loss and was enough to send him packing to the regional circuit.
Harn is a Mongolian-wrestling champion who will step inside professional MMA competition for only the third time in his career. He is 1-1 with his most recent outing being that of a decision victory over Seigo Mizuguchi in 2010.
The full DREAM.17 card now includes:
• Shinya Aoki vs. Rob McCullough
• Joachim Hansen vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
• Takeshi Inoue vs. Caol Uno
• Yan Cabral vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
• Willamy Freire vs. Satoru Kitaoka
• Gerald Harris vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
• Antonio Banuelos vs. Hideo Tokoro (bantamweight grand-prix quarterfinal)
• Bibiano Fernandes vs. Takafumi Otuska (bantamweight grand-prix quarterfinal)
• Masakazu Imanari vs. Abel Cullum (bantamweight grand-prix quarterfinal)
• Rodolfo Marques vs. Yusup Saadulaev (bantamweight grand-prix quarterfinal)
• Baru Harn vs. Ikuhisa Minowa (open weight contest)
Tags: Dream, featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news