Tonight the UFC and Spike TV will join forces once again to bring you the pre-fight UFC 137 preview.
With all the changes to the card, including the loss of its main event between Georges St Pierre and Carlos Condit, the show has been cut down from its typical hour of airtime to just thirty-minutes.
“UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz” is set to take place on October 29th from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The pay-per-view event was set to feature a welterweight championship bout between George St Pierre and Carlos Condit. However GSP was forced to withdraw with a knee injury and in his place will come BJ Penn vs. Nick Diaz.
You can catch the debut of the UFC 137 countdown show at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT and replays are set to air on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m., Thursday at 8 p.m. (on Versus) and Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
While the shows production team had little time to prepare for the sudden loss of GSP vs. Condit, the show is expected to highlight the training camps of BJ Penn and Nick Diaz as well as co-main event participants, Matt Mitrione and Cheick Kongo.
The full UFC 137 card includes:
MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view)
• Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
• Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
• Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson
• Hatsu Hioki vs. George Roop
• Jeff Curran vs. Scott Jorgensen
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Spike TV)
• Donald Cerrone vs. Dennis Siver
• Tyson Griffin vs. Bart Palaszewski
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Facebook)
• Eliot Marshall vs. Brandon Vera
• Danny Downes vs. Ramsey Nijem
• Chris Camozzi vs. Francis Carmont
• Dustin Jacoby vs. Clifford Starks
Tags: featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news