At least one slot has been officially filled on the Strikeforce Challengers 19 card set for next month.
Chris Spang, a Las Vegas resident, will now be put against Joe Ray in place of the injured Jerron Peoples.
Strikeforce Challengers 19 is set to take place from the Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas on Sept. 23 and will air live on Showtime.
Spang is a four-year professional fighter with only three fights to his credit. However his last two outings saw his opponents finished in around a half a minute in the very first round.
The latest Strikeforce Challengers 19 card includes:
MAIN CARD: (Showtime)
• Lorenz Larkin vs. TBA
• Lavar Johnson vs. Shawn Jordan
• Ryan Couture vs. Maka Watson
• Jason High vs. Todd Moore
• Brian Melancon vs. Felipe Portela
• Magno Almeida vs. James Terry
• Bobby Green vs. Charon Spain
• Germaine de Randamie vs. TBA
• Joe Ray vs. Chris Spang
Tags: MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news