Canada will have its first Ultimate Fighting Champion’s women’s bout this June.
Alexis Davis (13-5) will meet Rosi Sexton (13-2) in a women’s bantamweight bout at UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland. UFC officials announced the pairing yesterday. UFC 161 will be held on June 15, 2013 at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This will be the debut of both fighters in the UFC.
Davis, who is originally from Canada, won her last two fights in Invicta FC. She submitted Shayna Baszler with a rear-naked choke at 58 seconds in the third round this past January. She submitted Hitomi Akano the same way at 3:41 in the second round last July. Davis, “The Ally-Gator,” also went 2-1 while fighting for Strikforce.
Sexton, “The Surgeon,” won her last three fights in a row at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship. In her last fight, she defeated Aisling Daly at CWFC 47 – Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 47 last June via unanimous decision. Her only two losses come from Gina Carano in 2006 and Zoila Frausto Gurgel in 2010.
Renan Barao versus Eddie Wineland will headline UFC 161 for the interim bantamweight title.
The latest UFC 161 card includes:
- Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland – for interim bantamweight title
- Mauricio Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Pat Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
- Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
- Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Sean Pierson vs. Anthony Waldburger
- Mitch Clarke vs. John Maguire
- Roland Delorme vs. Edwin Figueroa
- Yves Jabouin vs. Dustin Pague
- Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton
Tags: Alexis Davis, MMA NEWS, Rosi Sexton, UFC 161, ufc news