The UFC’s introduction to the FOX audience is upon us.
Featuring a heavyweight title fight between Junior Dos Santos and champion, Cain Velasquez, the evening’s headliner is the only fight to air on the UFC’s new broadcasting partner.
With 10 other fights scheduled on the night, the UFC and FOX executives have opted to stream these fights live on both FOX.com and facebook.com.
UFC president Dana White confirmed the news during today’s pre-fight media call.
While on the call he stated that it does not matter if the fight last 25-minutes or 10-seconds, the broadcast will only include the main event of the evening and re-airs of the nights prior bouts will not be used to fill the hour long time slot.
UFC on Fox 1 is set to take place from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on November 12. Headlined by a heavyweight title fight between champion, Cain Velasquez and contender, Junior Dos Santos the event marks the first UFC event on the network and the start of a 7-year broadcast deal between the two sports powerhouses.
If the main event turns into a positional ground battle lasting 25 minutes, the UFC’s introduction to a national audience could flop. Apparently that is a gamble the executives are prepared to make.
The full lineup for the night is as follows:
MAIN CARD: (FOX)
• Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (for heavyweight title)
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Facebook and FOX.com)
• Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson
• Pablo Garza vs. Dustin Poirier
• Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
• Ricardo Lamas vs. Cub Swanson
• Clay Harvsion vs. DaMarques Johnson
• Robert Peralta vs. Mackens Semerzier
• Paul Bradley vs. Mike Pierce
• Matt Lucas vs. Aaron Rosa
• Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
Tags: featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc news