The UFC’s November 18 trip to Sydney, Australia, has experienced yet another injury-related shakeup. This latest UFC Sydney change is the result of an injury to Joanne Calderwood, one half of the card’s co-main event. Calderwood’s originally planned opponent, Bec Rawlings, will now battle fellow Aussie Jessica-Rose Clark on the card.
Rawlings announced this shakeup herself on social media.
Yeah sooo the bad news is Joanne Calderwood is injured & out of the fight 😏 buuuut I’m still fighting & against another tough Aussie Jessica Rose Clarke 😎 Co-main event 🇦🇺vs🇦🇺 #ufc #ufcsydney #rowdybec #flyweight pic.twitter.com/5gluI6MItE
— Bec Rawlings (@RowdyBec) November 8, 2017
This, of course, is but the latest adjustment to this injury-addled UFC Sydney card. The most significant change to occur thus far occurred when Mark Hunt was pulled from a main event bout with Marcin Tybura after admitting that he has symptoms of brain injury, and replaced by former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum. That, however, is not where the shakeups end.
Another change occurred when Jesse Taylor was pulled from a scheduled welterweight bout with Belal Muhammed and replaced by Tim Means, while Australia’s Alex Volkanovski also experienced an opponent switch, as Humberto Bandenay replaced Jeremy Kennedy.
Here’s the UFC Sydney lineup as it stands currently. Hopefully there are no more changes on the horizon!
The Main Card | 10 pm ET / 7p PT on FS1
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Bec Rawlings
- Tim Means vs. Belal Muhammad
- Daniel Kelly vs. Elias Theodorou
- Alex Volkanovski vs. Humberto Bandenay
The Prelims | 8pm ET / 5pm PT on fs1
- Ryan Benoit vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
- Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz
- Anthony Hamilton vs. Adam Wieczorek
- Damien Brown vs. Frank Camacho
The Early Prelims | 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on UFC Fight Pass
- Alex Chambers vs. Nadia Kassem
- Jenel Lausa vs. Eric Shelton
- Jake Matthews vs. Bojan Velickovic
- Rashad Coulter vs. Tai Tuivasa
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 8/11/2017.