This July 22, the UFC will debut in Long Island, New York, with UFC on Fox 25. As this UFC Long Island card draws ever closer, its lineup is beginning to take shape.
Over the last few days, the UFC has announced a long list of new matchups for the card.
The biggest of these new matchups will see long-time welterweight contender Ryan LaFlare take on fan favorite Brazilian Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira. Heading into this fight, LaFlare has lost just once – to top contender demian Maia. Oliveira, meanwhile is on a three-fight streak (with one no-contest in that stretch).
The next bout recently announced for the card will also occur at welterweight, where former Bellator champ Lyman Good will look to build on the momentum an impressive UFC debut win over Andrew Craig when he takes on Brazil’s Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos.
UFC Long Island has also grown by one heavyweight bout, as Poland’s Damian Grabowski will take on Denmark’s Christian Colombo.
The last of the new UFC Long Island additions, finally, will occur at middleweight, where established name Rafael “Sapo” Natal will take on Italy’s Alessio Di Chirico.
The UFC’s upcoming debut in Long Island will be headlined by a middleweight bout between New York born former champion Chris Weidman and surging contender Kelvin Gastelum.
Here’s the card’s full lineup as it stands:
- Chris Weidman vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Thomas Almeida vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante
- Ryan LaFlare vs. Alex Oliveira
- Lyman Good vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Frankie Perez vs. Chris Wade
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Darren Elkins
- Shane Burgos vs. Godofredo Pepey
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Jeremy Kennedy
- Christian Colombo vs. Damian Grabowski
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Rafael Natal
- Junior Albini vs. Timothy Johnson
Which fight on the UFC Long Island lineup are you most excited for?
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 5/30/2017.