BREAKING! Tim Kennedy will not get a replacement opponent for UFC 205 in New York

Tim Kennedy

Earlier today news broke that former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans had been forced out of his scheduled UFC 205 bout with Tim Kennedy.

Shortly after catching word that his fight with Evans was off, Tim Kennedy took to Twitter where he called out four fighters to step up on short-notice.

Kennedy tweeted the following to four potential opponents:

“@SpiderAnderson was curious if you had any plans November 12? Want to meet me in New York at Madison Square Garden?”

“@nickdiaz209 UFC 205 might need your help. Not sure if you want to come to New York this weekend. I heard somebody needs an opponent…”

“@bisping I heard you were going to be in New York are at Madison Square Garden for UFC 205. Feel like trying to redeem a beatdown you got?”

“@JacareMMA I’m pretty sure I beat you the last time we fought. It was a split decision. A gift. Want to go again? #UFCNYC #ufc205”

Unfortunately for fight fans, the UFC just announced that Tim Kennedy will not participate at the historic event and added that no replacement bout will be organized.

The good news is that the promotion will be giving both men, Tim Kennedy and Rashad Evans, show money for their respective preparation efforts.

“Suga” spoke to MMAFighting.com about why he was forced to withdraw from the fight with Kennedy stating the following:

“I’m disappointed. I’m healthy. I don’t want anyone worrying about me. I’m fine, physically speaking. Never felt better. It’s just the commission and their rules. I guess they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to this.”

“Man, I had something special for Tim,” he said.

“This doesn’t change the fact that I want to fight. This doesn’t change anything for me as far as fighting.”

“In life, if it ain’t one thing it’s another,” he said. “I won’t get beat down by this.”

Evans elaborated on the situation, stating that back in October he took a pre-fight MRI, which revealed “irregular findings” resulting in him needing to undergo further testing. The former champ reportedly passed the the tests, however was informed this week that he would not be granted a license to fight in the state of New York.