Dana White says Conor McGregor knew the deal for UFC 200

April 27, 2016 12:35 pm by Russell Ess
Conor McGregor in Octagon

Even with Conor McGregor nowhere in sight for the UFC 200 press conferences taking place, a lot of questions are still coming up about “The Notorious.”

Many were shocked last week when the UFC announced that they had to pull McGregor off the significant UFC 200 card in July after “The Notorious” refused to take part in the media obligations to promote UFC 200.

UFC President Dana White said at the UFC 200 press conference at the Madison Square Garden on Wednesday that McGregor knew that he had to do the media obligations in order to fight on the card.

McGregor stated that he needed to concentrate on the craft of fighting after coming off the first loss of his UFC career and opted to train with his team in Iceland instead of flying to the states for the media tour.

White mentioned that they offered to do their best to work with McGregor to cater to his needs.

Now, instead of Conor McGregor taking Nate Diaz on in the headliner of UFC 200, it will be Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones who will fight in the main event for the undisputed UFC light heavyweight title.

McGregor, obviously not happy with the way things played out ridiculed UFC 200 after the Cormier and Jones main event was announced on Wednesday.

Will we still see a rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz at another UFC event? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section.


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.