Jeff Mayweather responds to Dana White’s “piece of sh*t” comments

April 10, 2017 5:42 am by Tom Taylor

There is no bigger story in combat sports today than the story of a possible boxing match between undefeated great Floyd Mayweather and transcendent MMA star Conor McGregor. The latest bit of drama to unfold in this ongoing narrative occurred last week when Jeff Mayweather – Floyd’s Uncle – suggested that the UFC was attempting to squeeze out 80% of whatever McGregor profited from this fight, leaving him with just 20% of the spoils.

Apparently, UFC President Dana White got word of these comments from the Mayweather Uncle, and they didn’t make him too happy.

“What I would like to clarify is all the bullshit about the 80 fu*cking 20 split,” White said at the UFC 210 post-fight press conference. “Jeff Mayweather? Come on Jeff. Me and Jeff go way back. Are you the spokesmen now for Team Mayweather? And Bob Arum… You p*ece of shit. F*ck you too! What do they know about this fight? You want to know what they know about this fight, nothing! Okay. Believe me. We have had preliminary talks with Conor. I am in a good place with Conor, we are going to meet in New York when he has his baby.”

Now, Jeff Mayweather has responded to White, first admitting that they are very close, then offering up a rebuttal to White’s more fiery remarks.

“I met Dana White when he first came to Vegas, and we did a lot of stuff together,” he said. He used to do boxing classes, boxing aerobics, and everything he did I was a part of it. So basically we’re very close.”

“I’m not speaking for Floyd,” he continued. “The 80-20 split is not for Floyd. What Floyd’s getting is guaranteed. What Conor is getting – I’m talking about the split with the UFC and Conor McGregor. That’s the split I’m talking about. Not no 80-20 with Floyd and Conor. Whatever Floyd’s asking for, he’s going to get.”

See Mayweather’s full response at the top of this post.

Do you think an 80-20 split between the UFC and Conor McGregor – if this is in fact accurate – is fair? Sound off, PENN Nation!

This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/9/2017. 


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.