Carlos Condit confident he can avenge loss to Tyron Woodley

August 26, 2016 2:20 pm by Evan Bell
Carlos Condit

It didn’t take newly crowned UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley long to begin calling out fighters for his first potential title defense.

Woodley shut down welterweight #1 contender Stephen Thompson on the post-fight show, where Woodley also called out Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz.

With that being said, welterweight veteran Carlos Condit, who makes his return to the Octagon this Saturday in Vancouver against Demian Maia, believes he deserves a rematch with Woodley, who he lost to via injury 2014.

Condit spoke to Fox Sports:

“I would definitely like another crack at him,” Condit told FOX Sports. “He won that fight. Yeah, there was some circumstances to me getting injured, but he won the fight.

“But I know that if I bring my ‘A’ game, I can beat him. So yeah, I would definitely like to get another crack at him, especially now that he has the belt.”

It is important to mention that UFC President Dana White stated earlier this month that Woodley would be making his first title defense against Stephen Thompson, however without an official announcement, do you think the UFC will look to book Condit vs. Woodley II if Condit wins this weekend?


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.