Back in May of 2014, in the main event of Bellator’s first-ever pay-per-view, former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson scored a controversial – and admittedly lackluster – defeat of Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal. Tomorrow night in the main event of Bellator 175, the two Bellator stars will go at it again.
The key difference between this Bellator 175 rematch and the pair’s original fight is that it will occur at heavyweight, rather than light heavyweight. That means neither man was forced to endure a weight cut.
Rampage took full advantage of this luxury. At today’s Bellator 175 weigh-ins, he tipped the scales at a whopping 253 lbs. King Mo, meanwhile, weighed in at a much lighter 212 lbs. That’s a 41 lb. disparity, if math isn’t your strong suit.
Another key detail of this weigh in ceremony is that featherweight contender Emmanuel Sanchez missed the featherweight division’s 146 lb. limit. As such, his bout with Marcos Galvao will now go down as a catchweight.
Here’s a full rundown of the Bellator 175 weigh in results (via MMAJunkie.com).
MAIN CARD | 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT on Spike TV
- Quinton Jackson (253) vs. Muhammed Lawal (212)
- Marcos Galvao (145.5) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (149.5)*
- Chase Gormley (265.5) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (264)
- Lloyd Carter (148) vs. Noad Lahat (146)
- Steve Kozola (155) vs. Jake Roberts (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD | 6:45 p.m. ET / 3:45 p.m. PT on MMAJunkie.com
- Max Fuentes (138) vs. Brandon Shelhart (135)
- Asef Askar (157) vs. James Esposito (154.5)
- Brian Akins (156) vs. Mike DeLaVega (156)
- Cory Galloway (136) vs. David Garcia (137)
- Tom Holder (169) vs. Josh Streaker (170.5)
- Joaquin Buckley (171) vs. Justin Patterson (171)
- Tim Cho (150) vs. Joshua Hardwick (150)
- Manny Vazquez (130) vs. Nate Williams (129)
- James Bochnovic (205) vs. Matt Paul (207.5)
- Damian Norris (155) vs. Tom Shoaff (155)
- Adam Maciejewski (262) vs. Prince McLean (225)
*Sanchez missed the 146-pound featherweight limit. Fight changed to a catchweight.
Who do you think comes out on top in the Bellator 175 main event? Sound off, PENN Nation!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 3/30/2017.