MMA NEWS – Emelianenko vs. Ishii Set For DREAM Year End Show
Fedor Emelianenko is set to return to Japan.
DREAM officials announced today that they have booked the former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko against Japanese Olympic gold medalist Satoshi Ishii for their annual year-end show.
“DREAM: Fight for Japan. How are you! New Year 2011.” is set to take place on Dec. 31 from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. The event will air live to the U.S. audience on HDNet.
Emelianenko recently bounced back from a three-fight losing streak this past month when he faced longtime MMA fighter, Jeff Monson on his home soil in Russia under the M-1 global banner. The fight was a hard fought three round affair that saw Emelianenko batter his opponent with a barrage of striking to earn the decision victory. Prior to the win the long-time MMA great took defeat to Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson.
Ishii is coming off of a draw against Paulo Filho this past September. Prior to the draw he went on a four-fight win streak.
Confirmed bouts for DREAM’s year end show are as follows:
• Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii
• Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka (for lightweight title)
• Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi “Lion” Inoue (for featherweight title)
• Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
• Yuichiro Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno (mixed-rules bout)
• Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
• Hideo Tokoro vs. Yusup Saadulaev (bantamweight grand-prix reserve match)
• Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato Sakurai
• Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts (pro-wrestling match)