BJPENN COM

MMA News

Wednesday, 04/23/2014, 06:20 pm

Lombard: Nick Diaz is ‘running’ from me

Hector Lombard is looking for a fight and by the looks of things, there aren’t many takers.

Lombard is the only healthy fighter ranked within the UFC’s welterweight division’s top-eight with nothing on the docket.

It was reported that earlier this month the UFC tried to pair Lombard against the mercurial Nick Diaz. But that fight was never booked because Diaz scoffed at the idea of not fighting for a title nor getting a massive pay day.

“I’m not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000,” Diaz told MMAFighting.com. “There’s no way.”

On Wednesday edition of UFC Tonight, Lombard told Ariel Helwani that he’d still like to fight Diaz, adding that Diaz was “running” from him.

It was reported on UFC Tonight that Lombard is hoping to return at UFC 175, preferably against Patrick Cote. But Helwani said Cote has other plans in mind though wasn’t specific.

If you were Nick Diaz, would come out of retirement to fight Lombard?

comments


Latest News