Josh Janousek replaces Buddy Roberts, faces Michael Kuiper at UFC on FOX 6 | UFC News
UFC newcomer Josh Janousek (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has replaced Buddy Roberts (12-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and now meets Michael Kuiper (12-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) next week at UFC on FOX 6 in a middleweight bout.
Roberts was forced off the UFC on FOX 6 card due to an illness and mouth injury. As a result, the UFC signed the 34 year-old JUCO national wrestling champion and Division II All-American, Josh Janousek, to fill his shoes.
Janousek’s most recent fight came in April 2011, where he scored a decision victory over journeyman B.J. Lacey. Five of Josh’s eight victories have come way of stoppage, including four by way of knockout.
Janousek now makes his octagon debut against Michael Kuiper, who returns to action after earning a hard-fought TKO win over Jared Hamman at August’s UFC 150 event in Denver. The 23 year-old Kuiper is a judo black belt and has displayed heavy hands, as 11 of his 12 career wins have come by way of stoppage.
UFC on FOX 6 takes place January 26th live from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. The event is headlined by a Flyweight title fight between current champ Demetrious Johnson and #1 contender John Dodson.
The UFC on FOX 6 card now looks as follows:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson – Flyweight title fight
- Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
- Erik Koch vs. Ricardo Lamas
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 5 p.m. ET)
- T.J. Grant vs. Matt Wiman
- Clay Guida vs. Hatsu Hioki
- Ryan Bader vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- David Mitchell vs. Simeon Thoresen
- Shawn Jordan vs. Mike Russow
- Pascal Krauss vs. Mike Stumpf
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4 p.m. ET)
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Rafael Natal
- Josh Janousek vs. Michael Kuiper