James Head Injured, Maquire Now Faces Justin Edwards at UFC 138
James Head is the latest fighter to withdraw from a scheduled UFC appearance with an injury.
Originally scheduled to face Mark Scanlon, Head was forced to take a new opponent in Maquire when Mark was forced to back out of the fight due to an injury of his own. Now it would appear as both fighters are off the card and in their place comes Edwards vs. Maquire.
“UFC 138: Munoz vs. Leben” goes down at the LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham England. The Spike TV card will feature a main event between middleweights, Mark Munoz and Chris Leben in the UFC’s first ever 5-round non-title fight.
Maquire is a product of the Tsunami Fight Gym in London and carries a professional mixed martial arts record of 16-3 including a current five-fight win streak. He is the current UCMMA champ and holds a victory over TUF season 9 competitor Dean Amasinger.
Edwards was introduced to the UFC audience on “The Ultimate Fighter” season 13. He went on to compete on the shows finale against Clay Harvison but lost his debut via split-decision. He was most recently seen taking our Jorge Lopez earlier this month on UFC Fight Night 25.
The full UFC 138 card now includes:
MAIN CARD: (Spike TV)
• Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
• Renan Barao vs. Brad Pickett
• Papy Abedi vs. Thiago Alves
• Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
• Matt Brown vs. John Hathaway
• Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
• Cyrille Diabate vs. Anthony Perosh
• Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
• Philip De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
• Chris Cope vs. Che Mills
• Chris Cariaso vs. Vaughan Lee
• Justin Edwards vs. John Maguire