Frank Trevino To Debut Against Renee Forte At UFC 171
Undefeated Mexican prospect Frank Trevino is now a UFC fighter.
The 32-year-old MMA veteran has been a big draw in the Southern MMA circuit, where he’s won both the middleweight and welterweight titles inside of the South Texas Fighting Championships organization. Trevino has amassed a perfect 11-0 record, with eight of those wins coming via well-roundedness: four via knockout, and four via submission. And although he’s fought at both middleweight and welterweight, it’s the lightweight division that he will call home in the UFC. First up on his plate will be Renee Forte, whom he is set to face this March at UFC 171. UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the fight.
Forte, a veteran of the first season of “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil,” will be looking to bounce back from a knockout loss at the hands of hard-hitting lightweight, John Makdessi.
Here’s how the card is shaping up so far:
• Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler
• Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley
• Hector Lombard vs. Jake Shields
• Myles Jury vs. Diego Sanchez
• Will Campuzano vs. Darrell Montague
• Kelvin Gastelum vs. Rick Story
• Dennis Bermudez vs. Jimy Hettes
• Jessica Andrade vs. Julianna Pena
• Ovince St. Preux vs. Thiago Silva
• Robert McDaniel vs. Tor Troeng
• Alex Garcia vs. Sean Spencer
• Renee Forte vs. Frank Trevino
As always, stay tuned to BJPenn.com for all of your MMA needs.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.