Dillashaw Replaces Gagnon Faces Tamura at UFC 158 | UFC NEWS
T.J. Dillashaw stepped up to fight bantamweight Issei Tamura at UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz on March 16 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Dillashaw replaced Mitch Gagnon (9-2) for the event. An undisclosed injury forced Gagnon out of the fight against Tamura.
Dillashaw (6-1), who is the runner-up for “The Ultimate Fighter 14,” won his last two fights in the UFC. He defeated Vaughan Lee last July via submission at 2 minutes and 33 seconds in the first round and beat Walel Watson via unanimous decision in February of last year.
Tamura (7-3) is looking for a win after losing his last fight in the octagon last July against Raphael Assuncao. Tamura lost via technical knockout at 25 seconds in the second round.
Dillashaw versus Tamura will air on Facebook at 6:35 p.m. eastern time before the preliminary cards on FX and the main card on pay-per-view. Georges St-Pierre (23-2) will try to defend his welterweight title against Nick Diaz (26-8) for the main event.
UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
• Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz
• Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
• Nick Ring vs. Chris Camozzi
• Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt
• Mike Ricci vs. Colin Fletcher
• PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
• Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
• Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
• Dan Miller vs. Jordan Mein
• John Makdessi vs. Daron Cruickshank
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)
• T.J. Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura
• Quinn Mulhern vs. Rick Story
• Yves Jabouin vss Johnny Eduardo