Danny Castillo vs. Shamar Bailey Set For UFC 139
A lightweight fight has been booked for The UFC’s November trip to San Jose in the form of Danny Castillo vs. Shamar Bailey.
UFC officials made the announcement over night.
UFC 139 is set to take place on November 19th at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. With the original heavyweight title fight headliner between champ Cain Velasquez and Junior Santos moving from UFC 139 to UFC on FOX 1 the organization has decided to go with a non-title affair between Dan Henderson and “Shogun” Rua as the evenings featured attraction.
Castillo is a Team Alpha Male product hailing from the Sacramento California. The longtime WEC fighter sent Joe Stevenson packing down to the featherweight division in his debut performance. After racking up a three-fight win streak he lost his most recent bout at UFC on Versus 5 against Jacob Volkmann.
Bailey who was a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter 13” was last seen in a losing effort against Evan Dunham. He more than likely fights for his life inside the promotion against Castillo after going 1-3 in his last four outings.
The UFC 139 Fight Card Now Includes:
MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view)
• Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
• Cung Le vs. Wanderlei Silva
• Brian Bowles vs. Urijah Faber
• Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story
• Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Spike TV)
• Ryan Bader vs. Jason Brilz
• Tom Lawlor vs. Chris Weidman
• Nick Pace vs. Miguel Torres
• Rafael dos Anjos vs. Gleison Tibau
• Johnny Eduardo vs. Michael McDonald
• Seth Baczynski vs. Matt Brown
• Shamar Bailey vs. Danny Castillo
One Response to “Danny Castillo vs. Shamar Bailey Set For UFC 139”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.