Countdown to UFC 156 Debuts on FUEL TV on January 29th
Get ready fight fans; the “Countdown to UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar” is set to debut on FUEL TV starting on Tuesday, January 29th at 11 pm ET (8pm PT). The show will likely center its main focus on the UFC 156 featherweight title fight between champion Jose Aldo (21-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (14-3-1 MMA, 9-3-1 UFC).
UFC 156, which takes place on February 2nd, is scheduled to go down at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following while the prelims will air on FX and Facebook.
If you miss the debut of the countdown on January 29th the UFC and FUEL TV have you covered: the show is scheduled to re-air on January 30th (1 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET), January 31st (1 a.m. ET) and on February 1st (midnight ET).
All three of these fights will likely be covered on the debut of the “Countdown” show.
Here is what UFC 156 now includes:
• Champ Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar – for featherweight title
• Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
• Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
• Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
• Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
• Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
• Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
• Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
• Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.