BJPENN COM

MMA News

Wednesday, 07/03/2013, 05:06 am

Belfort makes case to White for Silva, Weidman winner

Vitor Belfort has thrown his hat into the ring, offering to be the next challenger for the middleweight strap.

While UFC president Dana White indicated earlier this week that  if Anderson Silva were to lose his UFC championship to Chris Weidman at Saturday’s UFC 162, Silva would be given an immediate rematch. And if Silva should win, White felt like a superfight with either Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre was more the case.

In a “don’t forget about me”-type response, Belfort took to every fighter’s favorite headline-making tool, Twitter, to make a case.

After White tweeted about being the Fan Expo and this weekend’s fights, Belfort responded:

“@danawhite the fans and me are very excited to see who is going to my next opponent on this Saturday I deserve the winner!

— Vitor Belfort (@vitorbelfort) July 2, 2013

Silva knocked Belfort in the first round of their fight over two years ago. Belfort has since amassed a 4-1 record, losing to Jones, but winning all three of his middleweight bouts (Yoshiro Akiyama, Michael Bisping, and Luke Rockhold).

Belfort thinks he deserves to face the winner of Saturday’s main event. Do you agree?

comments

0 Comments to Belfort makes case to White for Silva, Weidman winner

  1. 757 says:

    Agreed!! Sonnen get’s the fights by shooting his mout off. This guy is winning fights. Currently TRT is legal so don’t come with that lame ass comment. DW always said that you had to win fights to get the shot….he has! If all of the other no nonsense fights happening let’s see this guy get it.

  2. Saxs says:

    What a case vitor. The only chance he has at a title shot is if Silva wins if not he has to take another fight to cement his title shot.

  3. Gabriel says:

    Don’t forget that Belfort also won a fight against anthony johnson ;) I reckon it’s about time Belfort fought for the belt again… regardless of the opponent.

  4. alex says:

    I agree with dana about silva defanitly deserving a rematch if he loss n so would any champ that has 10 title defenses but belfort deserves the next shot if jones nor gsp r up for a super fight.

  5. blowtorch says:

    Vitor can’t get licensed in Vegas the fight capital of the world. Silva vs Vitor will never happen if he can’t fight in Lorenzo Fertita’s backyard.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>