Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller Says he’s ‘Looking Past’ C.B. Dollaway
UFC middleweight fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller faces C.B. Dollaway this Saturday, May 26, at UFC 146. Yet Miller says he’s already looking past his upcoming opponent.
Miller was recently interviewed by fellow middleweight and Reign Training Center training partner Mark Muñoz for Fight Hub TV. When Muñoz said that Miller wasn’t looking past Dollaway, “Mayhem” corrected him.
“I’m looking past [Dollaway] already! I’m looking past him already! I just gotta find out who’s the next best guy to fight. I am looking past him. Because I know I’m gonna beat him. I have this desire in my heart, and with my training partners, I really feel like they’re crystallizing me into the fighter that I am and maximizing my potential.”
Miller also spoke about how he’s been addressing the conditioning issues that plagued him in his previous fight, a TKO loss to Michael Bisping in The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale this past December.
“I hired Todd Norman, [Muñoz’s] conditioning coach. So if I get my ass kicked this time, it’s not for being in bad shape, because I’m in good shape. I’ve been working on core strength. I didn’t even know ‘core’ was a muscle until this year. I’ve never in a training camp had to ice my abs. It’s shocking. It’s shocking.”
Miller said his new training team and work at Reign is going to make the difference in the fight.
“It’s weird. I never really thought about the sense of community as such an important part to a training camp. I’ve kinda always been a lone wolf, you know, doing whatever. … I’m excited to go into this fight with this damn 6-8 weeks of hard training I’ve put in.”
Miller said that in addition to Muñoz, he’s been training with Jake Ellenberger, Joe “Leonidas” Henle, Lew Polley and Jay Silva while at Reign.
“The Reign Training Center is gonna produce some damn talent. This is one of, if not the best, gym in the world. There must be a magnet for good guys in the floor here.”
Miller has been vocal in his criticism of Dollaway in the lead up to their fight. He has described his upcoming bout as a “joke fight” and said he would quit mixed martial arts if he loses. Just last week, he promised to “knock the fart-face off” Dollaway.
For his part, Dollaway has largely been quiet in the lead up to this Saturday’s bout. When asked on Twitter why he wasn’t engaging in more trash talk with Miller, he said: “Because none of it matters. Only the fight does.”
53 Responses to “Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller Says he’s ‘Looking Past’ C.B. Dollaway”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.